Fujitsu Computer Products of America is Redefining Document Imaging with Introduction of Fujitsu fi-8000 Series
High-quality Fujitsu fi-8000 Series supports digitization efforts with unparalleled image quality, reliability and integration with leading document management systems
Sunnyvale, California—February 15, 2022—Fujitsu Computer Products of America, the leader in imaging solutions, today announced the Fujitsu fi-8000 series of enterprise scanners. With more than 13 million scanners sold worldwide, Fujitsu continues its two-decade history of delivering innovative, reliable and high-quality products with its new fi-8000 series. Set to revolutionize the document imaging category with technology backed by 32 new patents (pending), this new series of scanners includes innovative and industry-first features to help companies achieve their digital transformation, sustainability, and efficiency goals, enabling organizations to digitize workflows and leverage data that previously only existed on paper.
With Fujitsu’s unique and proprietary Clear Image Capture technology, the fi-8000 series ensures exceptional image quality, far surpassing the capabilities in existing optical technologies. Clear Image Capture delivers precise, crisp images and industry-leading Optical Character Recognition accuracy rates while also removing unwanted document watermarks and artifacts.
Equally as important, the fi-8000 series was designed with a broad array of flexible connectivity options, from USB to PC-less scanning straight to your application – on premise, private or public cloud. With NX Manager 2.0, an on-premise server-based software that supports up to 1000 scanners, businesses can eliminate the need for a PC at every scanner location, resulting in flexible distribution and manageable security. The new series also supports integration with most leading document management systems to keep workflows organized in the cloud.
“The fi-8000 series is the proud result of really listening to and addressing the needs of our most valued customers and partners,” said Daisuke Kutsuwada, President & CEO, Fujitsu Computer Products of America. “This new family of scanners offers quality solutions for real-world pain points that organizations face every day. By truly understanding the needs of the marketplace, the fi-8000 series was developed with groundbreaking technology that will revolutionize organizational scanning productivity.”
The Fujitsu fi-8000 series supports a wide range of documents, including passports and booklets up to 7mm, making it ideal for every scanning need in public sector agencies, finance, healthcare, legal, higher education, manufacturing and retail. The fi-8000 series empowers users to accurately capture and digitize customer and employee data, enrollment applications, invoices, receipts and more. The series enables unprecedented scanning at scale in an easy-to-use, compact form factor ideal for front or back-office operations.
Fujitsu fi-8000 series features:
- Clear Image Capture: Breakthrough optical technology that resets the benchmark for high-quality image capture to produce images ideal for data extraction, search and OCR processing, ensuing accurate, editable PDFs.
- Manual Feed Mode: Allows feeding and scanning of forms, glued papers and A3 size, bi-folded documents. Supports scans of passports and booklets up to 7 mm without the hassle of “sandwiching” them between carrier sheets.
- Automation Separation Control: Industry-first feature optimizes paper separation torque according to the number of sheets loaded. The large capacity tray allows for high volume scanning of up to 100 sheets at a time and 70 sheets per minute, which saves time by preventing misfeeds and interruptions mid-scan.
- Improved Document Protection: Industry-first Image Monitoring technology monitors image tilt in real time so that scans come to a halt once image angles exceed the “safe” range to keep documents free of damage. Intelligent Sonic Paper Protection (ISOP) “listens” for abnormal sounds (such as paper wrinkle) and immediately stops the scanner if detected, protecting documents from damage.
- Multi-Feed Detection: Improved capability to provide automated identification of thick plastic cards and documents with stickers, photos, or adhesive labeling to prevent double-feed detection. Eliminates the need for users to switch profiles according to document type, which streamlines scanning of mixed document batches.
- Overscan Control: Detects skewed documents that are in danger of being damaged and ensures all data is captured, eliminating the potential for missed data.
The first commercially-available model from the fi-8000 series, the Fujitsu fi-8170, will be available for purchase starting on March 25, 2022, and is priced at $1,195. For more information about the Fujitsu fi-8000 series or to purchase, please visit: https://scanners.us.fujitsu.com/fujitsu-scanners/fi-8170
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. has been delivering industry-leading imaging solutions and unsurpassed customer experiences for more than half a century. Our portfolio unlocks the full potential of document scanning with scalable software that captures the data from every document in the highest quality possible, and saves it in the cloud or using it as an on-premise solution. Together with our partner network, we help organizations work more efficiently, make their workflows more reliable and make data processing faster, so our customers can leverage their full digital potential. Learn more at https://scanners.us.fujitsu.com.
Copyright ©2022 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited. All text, graphics, trademarks, logos contained herein related to Fujitsu, PFU Limited, or Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. (“FCPA”) are owned, controlled or licensed by or to FCPA with all rights reserved. All other text, graphics, trademarks, service marks and logos used herein are the copyrights, trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.