Orion Law Management Launches Orion 5 at ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago
New Technology Includes Major Enhancements for Prebilling, Conflict Avoidance, Tracking and Reporting, and iOrion Integrations with Major Map and Rideshare Apps
ATLANTA, GA, February 27, 2019– Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. (“Orion”)(www.orionlaw.com), a leading provider of Financial and Practice Management software for law firms, officially launches Orion 5 at the ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago (booth#731). Orion 5 marks a significant leap forward for Orion’s technology, including hundreds of new features and improvements to both Orion desktop and iOrion® mobile platforms. Orion 5 updates are available free of charge to all Orion maintenance customers.
Highlights of Orion 5 include:
- ePrebill Manager. Officially launched at Legaltech New York one month ago, Orion’s ePrebill Manager provides a complete electronic workflow system for managing the prebilling process. Customers using either Orion Desktop and iOrion mobile app via tablet can eliminate paper from their prebill process with ePrebill Manager’s digital tools to route, annotate and finalize invoices as well as track write-downs and realization figures.
- Conflict Avoidance and Client/Matter Intake Enhancements. Realizing that conflicts of interest can be a tedious and high-risk process, Orion adds significant functionality to its intake and conflict avoidance system. Users can now easily copy and paste names directly into the Matter intake form or import them from a text file. Orion’s Conflicts search scope has been expanded to include prospective clients and involved parties. Formal searches conducted during a lateral hire are also incorporated.
- Attorney Assignment History Tracking & Reporting. Orion recognized that its law firm customers needed greater specifics in record-keeping for attorney assignments. Orion 5 now assigns an Effective Date for the Originating, Managing, Project Manager and Responsible Attorney designations. Originating and Project Manager field assignments can be split and their evolving roles can be tracked over time. Revenue-related reports now offer Assignment History and Effective Dates for greater transparency and more accurate chronology of events.
- Reserved Word Enforcement for e-Billing. Orion integrates with many e-billing tools and has now made these integrations stronger by expanding its billing guidelines management with Reserved Words Enforcement. Users assign a reserved word set to a particular matter and, as a fee description is entered, the entry is scanned for words, phrases and punctuation that have been red-flagged by the e-billing software. Disallowed language can then be automatically replaced or manually corrected.
- iOrion 5 Integration with Maps and Rideshare Apps. iOrion is a complete financial management mobile app allowing legal professionals to access data from Orion using any recent-model Apple iOS® or Google Android® device. Users with iOrion 5 can now request a rideshare using Uber or Lyft as well as get directions using Apple® Maps, Google Maps™ and Waze™.
About Orion Law Management Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1985, Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. is dedicated to providing law firms with proven law practice management software. Utilizing a complete practice management approach, Orion is a fully integrated law management system employing the very latest in reliable technology. Orion centralizes your Financial Management, Firm Management and Practice Management delivering the competitive advantage that law firms need to succeed. Orion Law Management Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta. For information visit www.orionlaw.com, call 1.800.305.5867, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @Orion_Law.
Burke & Company
# # #
ABA TECHSHOW is an annual legal technology Conference and EXPO designed to bring lawyers and technology together for three days of CLE and networking. Presented by the ABA Law Practice Division, ABA TECHSHOW helps lawyers practice efficiently through the use of technology.