Business planning should be a must for all law practices. New law practices need to lay out their plans for launching their firms: where they will locate, who they are, what they will specialize in, who their clients will be, how they will market their services, and how all of it will translate into dollars earned versus dollars spent.
Existing law firms need business plans to get a picture of where they currently are and to plan for growth—adding partners, associates, paralegals, and new client services; expanding to new, larger offices; and growing their client base.
The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, Sixth Edition, is a customized software application developed in close collaboration with experts in the Law Practice Division. It has been revised and updated to reflect the latest business planning for law practices.
Based on the award-winning book, Anatomy of a Business Plan, Eighth Edition, and companion software, Automate Your Business Plan, this stand-alone software package has been meticulously customized to address the elements and issues unique to law practice development and management. There is no other business plan software on the market that provides law practices with these customized tools in one comprehensive package.
It is an intuitive software application that does 75% of the work for lawyers and business managers who need comprehensive and customized business plans to maximize profits. For new law practices or existing law firms, it will guide practitioners step by step toward actualized growth, utilizing tested and proven organizational, marketing, and financial strategies.
Compatibility: Stand-alone PC application for Window XP, Windows 7, and 10. (Can also be used on Macs that have a Boot Camp partition for Windows.)
Highlights of The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, Sixth Edition
• Menu tree navigation with instructions, examples, and templates for all parts of your law firm’s business plan.
• Pre-formatted text documents that utilize current word processing features and allow for easy customization of your executive summary, organizational plan, and marketing plan (including insertion and manipulation of graphics, text boxes, and tables). You can also use your own word processor (for example, Microsoft Word).
• Pre-formatted and pre-formulated financial spreadsheets that are easy to use. The Chart of Accounts Wizard guides you through the generation and development of an integrated (linked) financial spreadsheet workbook that is completely customized for your law firm. Detailed financial plans include cash flow projections, three-year income projections, quarterly budget analyses, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, break-even analyses, ratio analyses, and financial charts and graphs.
• Complete example business plans for new and existing law practices that demonstrate different strategies.
• Interactive research site for law firms, which will guide you through your business plan research and link you to extensive demographic, marketing, and financial information.
• “Create Business Plan Presentation” feature that guides you through the development of a PowerPoint presentation for your law firm to use for potential lenders, partners, and associates.
• “Save Plan to PDF” feature, which enables you to save your law firm’s plan (text and spreadsheets) to a single PDF file so that your plan can be viewed by associates in Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.
• The e-book edition of Anatomy of a Business Plan, Eighth Edition, the award-winning book (Ben Franklin Award for Best Business Book of the Year) that has guided more than one million business owners step by step through the development of their business plans and enabled them to achieve greater profitability. This e-book includes five complete real-world business plan examples.
The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, Sixth Edition is authored by Linda Pinson.
The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, Sixth Edition A Step-by-Step Software Package!
The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, Sixth Edition, is a customized software application developed in close collaboration with experts in the Law Practice Division. It has been revised and updated to reflect the latest business planning for law practices. Learn more about The Lawyer’s Guide to Creating a Business Plan, Sixth Edition! Available for purchase at Shop ABA.