Learn about the most significant areas of grievances against lawyers and how practicing attorneys can manage those situations to avoid grievances. Watch this video presented by LawPay’s Director of Education and Attorney at Law, Claude Ducloux and learn: the top 5 problems suffered by lawyers in client relationships, the psychology of problem-solving, how to identify conflicts early with skillful interviewing, establishing clear payment plans prior to retention, appropriate methods to respond to complaints by clients to a disciplinary authority, the benefits of professionalism and more!
Claude Ducloux – Director of Education, LawPay
Claude E. Ducloux is an Attorney licensed in Texas, Colorado, and California who speaks regularly on Legal Ethics, Law Office Management, and Trial-Related topics. In 2011, he won the highest statewide award from the State Bar of Texas for lifetime contribution to CLE, and has been invited to speak at more than 150 programs since Jan 1, 2009. Mr. Ducloux has a long legacy of bar service, including being President of the Austin Bar Association, and serving as Chair of almost every major Bar-related entity, as well as the Texas Bar Foundation.
- Demonstrating interviewing skills to create confidence and avoid conflict
- Setting realistic goals and expectations from outset
- Elements of appropriate attorney-client contracts
- Three techniques for keeping communications active and open
- Handling billing controversies during the case
- The requirements to ethically do business with a client