The delivery of legal services is continuously changing, and lawyers must learn to adapt in order to be successful in the coming era.
The ABA Law Practice Futures Initiative (previously eLawyering) was created to take the initiative and examine ways lawyers can use electronic resources to deliver legal services more efficiently and cost-effectively.
Every year this task force recognizes innovative delivery of personal legal services with the James I. Keane Memorial Award. The award gives special attention to firms and entities that serve both moderate income individuals and the broad middle class. Nominees can be any individual lawyer, law firm, or other deliverer of legal services to individuals within the United States. Self-nomination is encouraged.
Do you know a law office or lawyer in the U.S. that qualifies? If so, submit a nomination!
Past James I. Keane Award Recipients Include:
- 2015 – Houghton Vandenack Williams of Omaha, NE
- 2014 – Immigration Advocate Network
- 2013 – Richard Granat of Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- 2012 – Hargrove Madden LLP of Louisville, KY
- 2011 – Legal Aid Society of Orange County
- 2010 – Lee S. Rosen of Raleigh, NC
- 2009 – Stephanie Kimbro of Wilmington, NC
- 2008 – Cowell Taradash, PC of Chicago, IL
Nominations will be accepted until February 5, 2016. The award will be presented during a special ceremony at ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago this March.
For information on eligibility, criteria, and the award itself, click here.