If you weren’t able to attend ABA TECHSHOW this year—or maybe even if you did—you may be wondering what #ABATECHSHOW is all about and why it was founded 29 years ago. Hosted by the Law Practice Division, ABA TECHSHOW is the conference for bringing lawyers and technology together, taking place at the Hilton Chicago every spring. ABA TECHSHOW is, of course, about teaching legal professionals new ways to use technology efficiently, but for many, it is also about building and maintaining new relationships.
ABA TECHSHOW 2015 featured a multitude of educational sessions with well renowned speakers such as this year’s Keynote, Nick Carr, and Casey Flaherty and Andrew Perlman as Plenary speakers. Additionally, 60 Sites in 60 Minutes, which many attendees look forward to, was a true riot this year thanks to an especially hilarious panel.
History was made this year as the conference hosted the first Legal Appathon, demonstrating how various legal solutions can be provided through apps. This was a joint project with MIT Media Lab and was similar to a traditional hackathon, with the exception of the teams participating digitally.
Hear more about ABA TECHSHOW 2015 in addition to what’s in store for the 30th anniversary next year in this Legal Talk Network podcast, featuring 2015’s Chair and Vice-Chair, Brett Burney and Steve Best, respectively.
- Experts Dish Up ABA TECHSHOW Tips & Take-Aways
- Test, teach lawyers tech skills, speakers at Techshow say
- A Solo Lawyer’s Rundown of ABA TECHSHOW
- The Best Swag from ABA TECHSHOW 2015
- Smartwatches and other wearables can enhance the practice of law, attorneys say
- Podcast: Dennis and Tom go to ABA TECHSHOW
- ABA TECHSHOW Paid for Itself in the First Session
- ABA TECHSHOW 2015: New Vendors & Podcasts to Remember
- What Does Legal Hacking Mean for Practicing Lawyers?
- ABA TECHSHOW: A View From the Expo Floor