The ABA Law Practice Division is delighted to announce the publication of Flying Solo, Fifth Edition: A Survival Guide for the Solo and Small Firm Lawyer by K. William Gibson (forthcoming in June 2014). Pre-order your copy today!
Newly revised and updated to meet the needs of today’s legal professionals, Flying Solo is a comprehensive guide to establishing and maintaining a successful solo law practice. The Fifth Edition of this ABA classic includes practical information gathered from a wide range of contributors, including successful solo practitioners, law firm consultants, state and local bar practice management advisors, and law school professors. Whether you’re thinking of going solo, new to the solo life, or a seasoned practitioner, Flying Solo provides time-tested answers to real-life questions. This book will help you:
• Make the decision to open your own law firm
• Choose the right practice area(s)
• Create a business plan and determine your fees
• Leave your current firm—without burning bridges
• Set up an office space
• Work with traditional and alternative billing arrangements
• Use technology to manage your finances
• Develop and execute a marketing plan
• Gain clients through social media
• Plan strategically for the future
• And much more!