Rounding up some of the interesting technology news, tips and guides for the week of August 17th:
- Mobile credit card processing provider Square announced a significant new pricing model: a $275/month flat fee rather than the typical per-transaction swipe fee.
- New reports are circulating about Apple’s plans to change the television industry.
- An early review of Windows 8 is critical, suggesting the decision to make a single OS for desktops and tablets has led to a poor user experience.
- How-to Geek offered a guide to making your LastPass account even more secure.
- At The Verge, a review of laptops in different budget ranges with an eye towards back-to-school.
- The Oklahoma Bar Association launched a new YouTube Channel, and one of their first videos is a guide to getting started with the iPad 2.
- Adobe has removed its mobile Flash player from the Android store.
- A significant security flaw has been discovered in the iPhone’s texting system, and it may extend beyond just the iPhone.