ABA Techshow 2016 is almost here! In this episode of The Digital Edge, Sharon Nelson and Jim Calloway interview Steve Best, chair of ABA TECHSHOW’s Planning Board, about the popular technology topics that will be covered at the conference in March, why lawyers and other law firm staff should care about tech trends, and how Steve personally became so intricately involved.
- Steve’s career transition from a practicing lawyer to a legal technology consultant
- Why lawyers should care about security, mobility, and the cloud
- Regulation violations and security breaches
- Learning helpful info from the exhibit hall
- The planning board: IT professionals, in-house attorneys, lawyers, and consultants
- Two special plenary sessions
- Getting the most out of the technology you already have
- The 30th anniversary party at the Chicago Hilton hotel
Steve Best is an attorney and the founding partner at Affinity Consulting Group, a well-known and well-respected law office management and technology company. He is a member of the Florida Bar and the Georgia Bar and is also a certified consultant and trainer, maintaining certifications in many law office software products including time billing and accounting, practice management, document management, PDF production, document assembly, and paperless office packages.