Later this month, LPM will publish Passing the Torch without Getting Burned: A Guide to Law Firm Retirement and Succession Planning. Pre-order your copy today for a 15% pre-publication discount!
For law firms, succession is a fact of life: founding partners retire, rainmakers depart, and in the meantime, client relationships must be preserved. Passing the Torch without Getting Burned: A Guide to Law Firm Retirement and Succession Planning is a comprehensive examination of the key economic issues typically encountered by law firms when they consider how partners end their careers, as they inevitably must. Peter Giuliani, an experienced law-firm management consultant, illustrates common retirement issues and their resolutions through “real life” case studies from his years of consulting experience. This book will help you:
- Understand the basic economics of retirement and succession planning
- Take care of founding partners upon their retirement
- Bring new partners into the firm
- Select a retirement plan that’s best for your firm–and make it affordable for employees
- Weigh the costs and benefits of mandatory retirement
- Consider “emeritus status” alternative retirement plans
- Integrate compensation plans with retirement policies
- Think about selling your law firm
- Understand special considerations for contingency-fee practices
Passing the Torch without Getting Burned: A Guide to Law Firm Retirement and Succession Planning also includes retirement policy forms and sample language for partnership agreements.