Coming Soon: “2013 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide”
In early January, LPM will publish The 2013 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide. This annual guide is the only one of its kind written to help solo and small firm lawyers find the best technology for their dollar. You’ll find the most current information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, legal software, printers, security products, smartphones, the iPad, and anything else a law office might need. It’s written in clear, easily understandable language to make implementation easier if you choose to do it yourself, or you can use it in conjunction with your IT consultant. Either way, you’ll learn how to make technology work for you.
- Updated recommendations for hardware and software, including Mac products
- Navigating the minefield of social media
- The authors’ favorite utilities
- The rapidly evolving smartphone market
- Data security–what reasonable measures should you be taking in light of the new ethics rules?
- The Paper LESS office: Kicking the paper habit
- Cloud computing pros and cons
- Where the legal tech world will be in 2014