Rounding up some of the interesting technology news, tips and guides for the week of June 8th:
- The New York City Bar issued an ethics opinion addressing unintentional juror contact via social media.
- How-to Geek explored the realities of proper hard drive wiping.
- Any.do, a popular task management app for Android, launched its iOS and Chrome versions.
- BGR has a roundup of the rumors and expectations for iOS 6, which may be announced at Apple’s WWDC next week.
- Struggling to choose a text editor for your iPhone or iPad? Check out this incredibly thorough comparison of the text editors currently available in the App Store.
- Google acquired QuickOffice, a developer known for its cross-platform mobile app for editing, synchronizing, and sharing Microsoft Office documents. Google plans to integrate the apps with their own suite of cloud-based productivity tools.
- If you haven’t already heard, it’s time to change your LinkedIn password.
- Thomson Reuters has acquired London-based mobile platform startup Apsmart.
- Facebook has launched its own App Center.