This Week in Tech – June 22nd
Rounding up some of the interesting technology news, tips and guides for the week of June 22nd:
- How-To Geek offered a guide to generating a strong password with Mac OS X Lion without third-party utilities.
- Drobo launched two new models of their RAID-like storage device, featuring faster connectivity and improved performance.
- Microsoft announced the Surface, a tablet aimed at the growing iPad market.
- SSD prices have dropped considerably this year, making them attractive options for lawyers looking for a little more speed in their computing.
- A new tool is available for Google Calendar and Gmail users: Boomerang Calendar. The tool, currently in beta, lets you integrate calendar functionality directly into Gmail.
- Ever wanted to control a satellite? A new Kickstarter project aims to let you do just that.
- Wikipedia is implementing a simplified editing platform to encourage more people to contribute to the online encyclopedia.
- The first BlackBerry 10 device won’t have a physical keyboard.